RaiseUp Families offers a Hand Up to families struggling to make ends meet.
Clients qualifying for our signature Hand-Up Program MUST:
1. Be behind with rent
2. Have one adult family member in the household physically and legally able to work
3. Not have abuse issues, such as alcohol/drug problems or domestic violence
4. Be the legal guardian of one or more children living in the household who are pre-K-12th grade
5. Have one or more children in the household participating in the HeadStart Program
Brief Program Description
We are a 9-Month Hand-Up Program requiring monthly meetings with a Case Manager
1. We help stabilize housing with the goal of keeping students in their same schools
2. We assist with rent, utilities, childcare, and transportation expenses for nine months
3. Families must agree to complete a self-sufficiency program that includes employment, budgeting, and education goals
Please note that we ARE NOT an Emergency Assistance Program. If you need immediate assistance please visit the United Way or call 211
We ARE NOT able to assist those who are already participating in a RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM such as Section 8 or public housing
If you need help filing an eviction stay,
visit the Houston Bar Association for help
Think you might qualify for our program based on the above requirments? If so, please complete the form below and a RaiseUp Families staff member will contact you.
PLEASE NOTE – IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS LISTED ABOVE, YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A CALL BACK
We welcome all referrals. If you have any questions or would like additional information please contact us.
How to Refer a Family
Currently, RaiseUp Families serves families with children in the Greater Houston Area
1. Fill in your name and contact information on the top portion of the second page of our
REFERRAL FORM BELOW
2. Give the family the completed referral form and have them reach out to one of our
3. Please call our Case Managers Denise at 713-973-8083, ext. 102 or
Rose at 713-973-8083, ext 103
to make an appointment to discuss whether or not the program is a good fit for them
PLEASE NOTE– RaiseUp Families does not provide emergency services.
For emergency assistance or shelter, call 211.
Clients are seen BY APPOINTMENT ONLY