If you know a family in need, please understand their first step will be to talk with a RaiseUp Families case manager to review program criteria and participate in a screening to determine their eligibility.
How to Refer a Family
Currently, RaiseUp Families primarily serves families with children in the Spring Branch and Katy school districts, with plans to expand in the future.
1. Fill in your name and contact information on the top of our REFERRAL FORM.
2. Give family the completed referral form and ask them to call RaiseUp Families for an appointment before coming to the office to ensure that a case manager will be available.
3. Please call RaiseUp Families at 713-973-8083, ext. 106 and ask to speak to a case manager who will collect information that may speed up the screening process.
RaiseUp Families Criteria
Definition of Homeless—a family has no place of their own (temporarily living with another family, etc.), has a current eviction notice, or has had the electricity cut off.
In addition to being homeless (as described above), families must meet the following criteria.
1. Have a current eviction notice, an electricity cut-off notice or not have their own place (temporarily living with another family, etc.)
2. One adult family member must be physically and legally able to work
3. No abuse issues, such as alcohol/drug problems or domestic violence
4. One or more children are students attending SBISD or Katy ISD schools
Brief Program Description
1. We help find housing with goal of keeping students in their same schools
2. We assist with rent, utilities, childcare, and transportation expenses for nine months
3. Families must agree to complete a self-sufficiency program that includes employment, budgeting, and education goals
We welcome all referrals. If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are seeking assistance because you are homeless or facing immediate eviction and would like to be screened for our program, please complete this Referral Form and a RaiseUp Families case manager will contact you.
Comments or questions are welcome.
Please note, RaiseUp Families does not provide emergency services.
For emergency assistance or shelter, call 211.
We see clients by appointment only.